Health is a permanent asset, which we own forever. It doesn’t matter how much money you have, if something matters, it is your health and how strong you are. It is possible that you might be eating good food but you get sick easily. Generally, it happens that the child you take more care of gets sick easily. Actually, your immune system which not only depends on what you eat, but there are also many other factors that are responsible for it.
It is your immune system protects you from various diseases and the stronger your immune system is the better your health will be. It keeps different kinds of virus, bacteria, etc. away and protects your body from harmful diseases. There are many factors behind a week immune system and it can be your environment, food habits, lifestyle, etc. still adopting some healthy habits can help you to develop your immune system. I have discussed all of them below, just have a look and follow them and I am sure it will definitely help you.
A. Best Foods That Increase/Strengthen Your Immunity Power Quickly
There are different types of food available in our market and some of them are good for your eyes and some are good for your gut. Similarly, there are certain food items that are good for building your immune system. They not only boost your immune but they also make you strong.
It is a green leafy vegetable with lots of vitamins and minerals. It contains a very rich amount of iron which is good for our health and keeps us safe from anaemia. The presence of antioxidants and beta carotene makes your body strong and makes it able to deal with any kind of disease. The presence of Vitamin A and C, antioxidants, folate, also makes our immune system strong. Which keeps you away from any kind of seasonal infection and many other diseases.
- The best way to eat spinach is, serve it as a salad (raw) or have spinach soup.
- Excess consumption of anything can be dangerous for health so, only 1 small cup of spinach should be consumed in a day otherwise it can cause kidney stones, lower abdominal pain, etc.
2. Citrus Fruits
They are rich sources of Vitamin C and this vitamin protects you from unwanted bacteria and encourages the growth of good bacteria in your body. The production of white blood cells by citrus fruits is helpful in boosting your immunity.
Citrus fruits have a very rich amount of Vitamin C and it is a water-soluble vitamin so, we should always include citrus fruits in our diet on a daily basis. Vitamin C not only produces white blood cells but also function them. As white blood cells are one of the main immunity boosters.
- Even in the time of COVID-19 doctors served Vitamin C supplements. But at the same time, it is water-soluble and remains for a very short time in our body. So, one should always take it for a good immune system. It is safe to have 2 oranges a day if you eat them daily.
It is not only a good source of fibre but it also contains a very good amount of zinc, vitamins, protein, and many other minerals. When the rich fibre within it helps to remove unwanted material from your gut, it helps cells to function properly and a proper functioning body has very good health and immune system.
- You can consume it in many ways like making chapatis, muffins, etc.
When you Google immunity-boosting food, you will get this broccoli on the top just because of its nutritional properties. It contains a very rich amount of beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, calcium, Vitamin C, B (B1, B2, B3, and B6), anti-oxidants, etc. All these are the best immunity boosters and we find them together in broccoli. Don’t forget to add broccoli in your diet.
- You can eat broccoli salad for good results.
- Steaming is one the best method of cooking broccoli, without losing its nutrients.
It is one of the best-recommended food to be served for a good immune system. At first, people use to eat this only in winter but nowadays its summer version is also available in the market.
Actually, chyawanprash is a mixture of many herbs and natural ingredients like amla, ginger, brown sugar, yashtimadhu, brahmi, guduchi, pippali, honey, etc. All these ingredients are really helpful in boosting our immune system.
- Take a spoon of chyawanprash with milk every day.
- Children also love eating it with bread instead of jam.
Garlic has many health benefits and I have already covered it in my other topics. As the presence of Allicin in garlic gives a different taste to it. It is also responsible for the pungent smell of it. The sulphur found in garlic is helpful in many medicinal practices. Garlic protects from kidney diseases, common cold, heart diseases, mental health, etc.
- The presence of Calcium, Potassium, and Sulphur makes it a super food and is also helpful in killing harmful bacteria. This automatically helps to boost our immune system.
- One can have two raw dice of garlic in the morning every day for an instant benefit or can also soak it overnight in water and have the water. It is helpful in killing parasites in our bodies.
Ginger has some superpowers in the form of various antioxidants, parasols, anti-inflammatory, and etc. All these properties are really helpful in managing your health and keep you away from many diseases and provide you a very strong immune system.
Having a good immune keeps you away from the common cold, any kind of infection, cough, seasonal fevers, and many other common diseases. Ginger helps our immune system by boosting it when it is low and also suppresses when our immune is highly active.
- Apart from this, there are many other food items like green Vegetables, Nuts, and etc. which you can have to boost your immune system.
B. Hydrate Yourself
Either it is chilling winter or a rainy-day hydrate yourself every time. A hydrated body is the best one and keeps you away from many diseases. Our body contains 60% of the body, whereas there is near about 90% of water within our blood. All this data shows the importance of water in our body. As we know the presence of water contains oxygen and it is carried to our cells and in this way, they function properly.
The regular supply of oxygen keeps our cells healthy and the proper functioning of our cells makes our immune system strong.
- Water plays a very important role in boosting our immune system. It detoxifies our body and helps to remove the toxic substance from it. This helps our body to absorb the required nutrients and makes our immune system strong.
- You can have water in multiple ways like soup, limonite, juice, etc.
C. Best Workout to Enhance Immune Power
Only eating good food is not enough for us, we should also practice some health care routine like doing various exercise and etc. This keeps us fit and keeps our organs organized.
It is one of the best natural ways to keep yourself safe from any kind of unwanted diseases. While doing yoga we practice different pranayama and positions. Holding your body in a particular position for some time can really benefit you. It is a natural therapy to treat many irregularities in your body. There are many asanas that work like a panacea (a solution or remedy) in different diseases.
- Try to practice it under a consultant first.
Meditation is one of the branches of yoga in which, we concentrate on our breathing system and inner thoughts. This is one of the best ways to remove toxic things from your body. Mental health is equally important as a physical one, and meditation is the best treatment for your mental health. A healthy person can suffer a lot due to mental illness. So, also concentrate on your overall health, this also boosts your immune system and a sense of positivity automatically generates in your body, which keeps you fit and safe.
3. Physical Activities
Apart from yoga and meditation, other physical activities are also very important for our health. There is no use of eating nutritious food unless you do some physical activities. When we burn our protein it automatically burns fat in your body. Don’t always get stuck within your room, doing various physical activities will keep you fit and will provide you a good immune system.
Basically, your immune system consists of some good bacteria which keep us fit, and apart from eating good food when we perform some physical task, our body stays more healthy and fit.
- Exercise, but in a limit because over-exercise can spoil your body and it starts working in the opposite way. 90 minutes of exercise is sufficient for a person.
- You can play some outdoor games, or can also do some household work.
D. Take Proper Rest
The way you eat, exercise one should also take proper rest. All of us get tired after some time similarly, our body and other body parts too get tired. Sometimes you would have felt it hard to open your eyes, just because they get tired. Similarly, our other parts as well as cells do get tired and need some rest at frequent intervals. And lack of rest they start performing uncommon and you can feel lethargic.
- Have proper sleep of at least 7 hours because a poor sleeping habit lowers the functioning of the immune system which results to lower white blood cells. These cells play a very important role in killing harmful bacteria in the body. Whereas at the same time when we sleep our body also releases ‘Cytokines’. They are helpful in protecting our body from harmful diseases and boost our immune system. In a journal, it has been proved that water is more important than food for boosting your immune system.
- Taking rest activates your body and it not only fills energy within you but also keeps you fit. Taking proper rest plays a very important role in building your immune system.
Some Easy Tricks/Tips to Boost your Immunity Power in Body Naturally at Home
- It has been found that vegetarians have a good immune system than non-vegetarians, just because of the consumption of fat in the form of non-veg. The presence of white blood cells keeps you safe from harmful bacteria. The white blood cells do not get paired with the presence of oil to perform any cellular activity and this leads to a week immune system in comparison to a vegetarian person.
- You cannot build up your immune within a day or week; it takes some months and sometimes years depending on the age group. So always eat good food.
- Good social status is good for our immune system and this can also be one of the reasons because Indians have a good immune system. Being socially active keeps us happy it is not about online social platforms. It means to meet people and have a friend circle. It releases happy hormones which are good for our immune system.
- Reduce the intake of coffee or other power busting drinks. Excess consumption of coffee can lower the immune system because it increases the stress hormone ‘Cortisol’. It affects the immune system and you can end up with many harmful diseases. So, avoid excess intake of these supplements.
- Stay away from alcohol, smoke, and other bad habits. Because Alcohol directly affects our intestine and liver. This troubles your digestive system and hiders’ leaver to store vitamins and minerals and this directly affects our immune system.
- Apart from the above food list, you can add any other vegetables or food items that contain a good amount of Vitamin D. It has been found that the presence of Vitamin D protects you from viral infections and promotes your immune system. Take food rich in Vitamin D and also sunbathe at frequent intervals.
- One should reduce the intake of sugar because sugar hinders the production of white blood cells. Sugar does not allow vitamin C to enter a cell and this reduces the production of WBC in our blood. So prefer natural sugar in the form of fruits and other natural forms. These fruits will also help to boost your immune system and will keep you healthy.
- A fit body always has a very good immune system, so always measure your BMI frequently and if you are underweight, try to cover it and if it is more than try to manage it. This will keep you away from many harmful diseases and, in this way; you can boost your immune system within a few months.
- Eat easily digestible food, there is no doubt that we all love to eat delicious food with lots of butter and cheese. But they are harmful to us and can also cause many irregularities in our body and make our body week. A weak body can easily get infected by harmful bacteria and causes many diseases.
There is no special tonic or food which can instantly gift you good health. It takes time and one should adopt some healthy habits to keep yourself fit in a proper way. The overall health can only boost your immune system and bless you with good health. Adopt healthy habits and they will never disappoint you. In the era of the Corona pandemic, focus on healthy habits and also good food, this will never disappoint you. Don’t forget to share this article and stay safe and healthy.
FAQ: People Also Ask
Ans. Getting sick frequently, feeling fatigued all the time, feeling cough and cold most of the time get sick when season changes, etc.
Ans. Consumption of alcohol, smoking, poor eating habits, taking improper nutrients, improper sleeping habits, etc.
Ans. Take sufficient amount of Vitamin C in the form of fresh fruits, eat green vegetables, take proper sleep, and exercise daily, drink at least 8 to 10 glass of water, stay away from people but do not stop having fun and be happy, etc; these are some best ways to boost your immunity.
Ans. It is always advised to go for natural things and there has been no medicine yet developed that can boost your immune system. Still, we have Vitamins and minerals supplements that help our body to work properly and it plays an important role in developing our immune system.