The name Kacchi Kairi itself fills water in my mouth and not only me there are many of us who just love having a raw mango. Mango is a summer fruit that is mainly found in the south of Asia. It tastes sour and also bitter when it is raw and it turns like a sugary sweet once it is ripe.
It is believed that it was first introduced to China in the middle of the 7th century, and a Chinese tourist T” sang bought it from India. It has also got the title of the National fruit of India. Apart from India, it is also a national fruit of Pakistan and the national tree of Bangladesh.
It contains seed and the fleshy part used for eating. It comes in different sizes, colors, and flavors. The name Mango has been derived from the Tamil word “Manga” and which further changed into Mango, due to the trading and arrival of people from different countries. It is also known as manga, mangue, mangou, mangot, etc.
Mango carries multiple benefits and generally, we eat any fruit when it ripens but mango can be eaten in both ways; raw as well as ripen. And both contain different nutritional values. One contains a very rich amount of sugar whereas the raw one contains nil sugar.
Tips/Ways to Eat Raw Mango and their Health Benefits
There are many recipes that can be made out of raw mangoes; I have bought some the best and most healthy recipes for you.
1. Aam Panna
2 Raw mangoes, mint powder 1 spoon, 3 spoon jaggery powder, 1 spoon roasted cumin powder, chili powder (As per need), black salt.
How to Make Aam Panna
- At first boil the mangoes and once boiled they will turn pale yellow.
- Peel them and take out the pulp and mash it.
- Now add all the dry herbs in the pulp and keep it a side.
- Switch on the flame and add the pulp mixture and some water and let it boil.
- Switch off the flame once cooked and cool it.
- Add some mint leaves and ice cubes and serve it.
Health Benefits of Aam Panna
- In the hot summer it keeps you hydrated and protects you from the outer atmosphere.
- Good to deal with depression.
- Contains Vitamins like A, C, B1, B2, B6, iron, etc.
2. Raw Mango Dal
200 gm Dal, oil, 1 raw mango, turmeric powder, ginger paste, salt, garlic paste, ghee, red chilies, curry leaves, cumin seeds 1 spoon, 1 spoon mustard seeds.
How to Make Raw Mango Dal
- Peel the mango and make small cubes of it.
- Take a cup of dal and soak it for 10 minutes, then add chili powder, turmeric powder, mangoes to the container and cook.
- Once the dal is cooked, take a pan, and add some oil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and garlic and roast it.
- Add this mixture to the dal and serve it.
Health Benefits of Raw Mango Dal
- Mango is best known for preventing dehydration.
- Protects you from various stomach problems like bloating, indigestion, chronic dyspepsia, morning sickness, etc.
- It contains a very rich amount of Vitamin C which detoxifies your body.
- It also contains the richness of Vitamin D, which is good for your bones and teeth.
- The richness of Protein in dal is good for your hair health.
3. Raw Mango Salad
Tomato 2 finely chopped, Lettuce leaves, Raw mango finely chopped, Cucumber finely chopped, beans finely chopped, some Pomegranate seeds, Mango & litchi sauce.
How to Make Raw Mango Salad
- Add all the above ingredients and mix them well and its ready.
- It is very simple to make and healthy as well as tasty.
Health Benefits of Raw Mango Salad
- It contains iron, vitamin A, C, in a very good amount.
- You can also add other veggies and make your salad more nutritious.
4. Raw Mango Rice
Rice 2 cup, 1 Raw mango, curry leaves, turmeric ½ spoon, chana dal, mustard seeds 1 spoon, ginger chopped, oil, cashew nuts, red chilies 3, urad dal.
How to Make Raw Mango Rice
- Cook rice in a cooker and once it is cooked, remove it from the cooker and spread it to cool.
- Peel the mango and grate it, then take a pan and add some oil, mustard seeds, red chilies, ginger paste, cashew nuts, curry leaves, urad dal, and once they get roasted off the flame.
- Again, take some oil in a bowl and add the grated mango and cook until it turns soft.
- Combine the mixture and add some salt and mix it well.
- Add the above mixture to the rice bowl and also add the grated mango mixture.
- Mix all of them together and the mango rice is ready.
Health Benefits of Raw Mango Rice
- This recipe contains 11g of protein which is good for children.
- It also contains Vitamin C, calcium, iron, etc.
- Children love the taste of mango rice.
5. Mango Chutney
Mango 2, anise 2 spoon, garlic 2 clove, Jaggery powder 1 spoon, salt, green chili.
How to Make Mango Chutney
- Cut garlic into small cubes, add it to a grinder bowl.
- Also add roasted anise, garlic, salt, jaggery powder, green chili, and grind it.
- Grind and make a mixture and your chutney is ready.
Health Benefits of Raw Mango Chutney
- It contains all goodness of mango, and the mixture of jaggery makes it easy to digest and enriches it with the goodness of iron.
- It contains good amount of Vitamin A, C.
6. Mango Gurma
Wheat flour 2 spoons, 1 raw mango, red chilies 2, Panch phoran (Cumin seeds, anise, cumin seeds, and fenugreek), jaggery 1 cup, oil.
How to Make Mango Gurma
- First of all, peel the mangoes and cut them into cubes.
- Take a pan and switch on the flame and add some oil, Panch phoran, then mango cubes and jaggery and fry for some time and meanwhile take another pan and add the wheat flour and roast it for some time unless it changes its colour.
- Take another pan and add jaggery powder and add some water, and make a mixture.
- Add this jaggery powder to the mango pan and also add the roasted wheat flour.
- Mix them well and take care of not getting bud in the mixture, so stir it well for some time and once the mixture becomes thick, off the flame.
Health Benefits of Raw Mango Gurma
- It contains calories 72 gms, Vitamin A, C, fibre, magnesium, etc.
Mango 3, jaggery powder 2 cups, cumin seeds 1 spoon, salt, chilies 3, oil.
How to Make Raw Mango Khatti-Mitthi
- Peel the mangoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Take a pan and add some oil then add some cumin seeds and chilies to it.
- Then add the mangoes and let it cook.
- After some time add the jaggery powder in the pan and some water.
- Also add a pinch of salt to it and once the mixture gets cooked off the flame.
Health Benefits of Raw Mango Khatti-Mitthi
- It contains jaggery which is a very good source of Vitamin B12, B6, folate, and phosphorus, magnesium, etc.
- The richness of mango and jaggery makes a great mixture with lots of nutritional values, with very few calories and more energy.
Nutritional and other Health Benefits of Raw Mango
Apart from its sour taste it also contains many nutritional benefits like:
- Rich Source of Vitamin C – It contains more vitamin C than 5 lemons and oranges together. Vitamin C helps us to boost our immune system; it promotes the formation of new blood cells and is good for our blood vessels. Vitamin C in mango is helpful to deal with any kind of blood disorder.
- Protects from Dehydration – Raw mango is very well known for treating dehydration, it is sodium chloride and iron our body loose in the form of sweat in summer. Raw mango is helpful in protecting our body from heat and prevents dehydration.
- Good For Scurvy – If you have bleeding gums, bad odor, rashes, then you should definitely try the raw mango powder. It is one of the best ways to treat scurvy; the presence of a rich amount of Vitamin-C helps us to protect our teeth from scurvy and other teeth-related health.
- Reduces Blood Sugar – Usually, mangoes contain a lot of sugar but raw mangoes are helpful in reducing blood sugar. They don’t have extra glucose and raw mangoes are helpful in maintaining the blood sugar level and are helpful in diabetes.
- Improves Digestion – As we know a good gut is a gift of a good liver and raw mango increases the secretion of bile juice. This juice kills harmful bacteria from food and is also helpful in the absorption of many nutrients. This makes our liver healthy which results in a happy gut.
- Other Nutrients – It also contains minerals like magnesium, niacin, calcium, etc.
- Also Good For – Raw mangoes are good for your hair as well for flawless skin. They work as a natural conditioner, stops your hair from graying, prevent alopecia, result in regrowth, reduces dandruff, etc. It is a one-stop solution for all kinds of hair issues. Apart from hair health, it is also helpful in reducing acne marks from your skin and makes your skin blemish-free, and works as an amazing De- Tanner. Removes the ant-aging marks and makes you look young and beautiful.
- Heart-Healthy Fruit – The presence of niacin which is also known as B3. It is helpful in reducing the cholesterol level which is good for heart health.
Disadvantages of Eating too much Raw Mango
Our body needs everything in a fixed amount otherwise it causes some irregularities. As per Indian Ayurveda, our body contains three major things; they are air, bile, and phlegm. The disbalance of these three causes any disease and the Ayurveda concentrates on these three and brings you relief of any disease. Similarly, the excess consumption of raw mango can increase the bile juice and it can cause further many diseases. I have also mentioned some drawbacks of eating raw mango.
- The sour taste can cause throat irritation.
- The excess of bile juice can also cause stomach ulcers.
- It can also cause headaches and nausea.
- Raw mango can also cause Oral Allergy Syndrome.
- The presence of a very good amount of pyridoxine (B-6) secrets serotonin in the brain and it makes you feel sleepy if you consume it in a rich amount.
- Don’t ever drink water just after eating a raw mango, because it can increase irritation in your stomach.
Mango is a great fruit either it is raw or ripe. It contains many nutrients and is loved by people. People wait the entire year for the mango season. Apart from its sweet taste people also love its sour taste. One should definitely try the above recipes to make their mango more delicious as well as nutritious. All these qualities really justify the title of “King of Fruits”.
FAQ: People Also Ask
Ans. Yes, and you can also have it in various forms. Raw mango is amazing food and anyone can have it. Even a pregnant woman can enjoy it in the form of evening snacks.
Ans. Yes, although it is sour in taste it is good for us during cold because it has rich amount of Vitamin C.
Ans. Yes, but not in excess amount because anything in excess can harm you.
Ans. No, we should never drink water after eating any fruit or food. Water hinders the process of digestion and leads to ingestion.
Ans. Yes, it contains fiber and low sugar which makes it the best diabetic food. You can enjoy raw mango as much as you can.
Ans. Yes, it is amazing for weight loss because it is helpful in boosting your metabolism which helps to burn your extra calories that result in weight loss.