A healthy body gets less affected due to any kind of pressure. You would have seen that your colleagues get less affected and you quiet become more serious and feel stressed because of a certain project. All because of their mental power as well as a good diet. One should always take food as per his work like a daily wage worker should have more carbs whereas when we do mental work, we have to take more protein.
As we know there can be many reasons behind our tension and once you succeed in figuring out the reason behind and start some eating habits you can get relief from it. Similarly, to feel less stressed and improve your mood, you have to add some food to your diet list.
Healthy Foods that Help you to Reduce Anxiety and Improve your Mood
- Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are one of the best foods for reducing your stress and activating your mood. Actually, stress is something that our body reacts when it sees any danger, to deal with it. The hormones released causes stress and this stress can be controlled by pumpkin seeds.
It contains potassium, zinc, which are helpful in reducing stress. You can have in multiple ways, like raw, or in the form of pumpkin seed oil, dry seeds in the form of snacks.
It is recommended to take the only cup of pumpkin seeds in a day because the presence of excess amounts of fibre can cause trouble for you.
An egg contains zinc and as we know zinc is helpful in reducing stress, zinc increases the level of GABA or glutamate, which further reduces stress and helps you.
Zinc also contains some natural properties like anti-stress and anti-depression which helps you while anxiety. The presence of improper levels of neurotransmitters causes stress and zinc maintain it.
It also contains chlorine and it is helpful for the production of neurotransmitters in the form of acetylcholine. Apart from all these properties it also contains a rich amount of Vitamin D and as we know Vitamin D plays a very important role in reducing stress or depression and it automatically changes your mood.
Apart from the above details eggs also contain, amino acids, protein, tryptophan, all these are helpful in various ways in reducing stress and improving your mood, so don’t forget to add eggs in your diet.
- Dark Chocolate
You would have seen many people eating a lot and especially chocolate. Actually, it’s good to eat dark chocolate because it contains polyphenols which is helpful in reducing the level of neuroinflammation and improves your mood.
It also contains magnesium which improves your memory, reduces stress, and lightens up your mood.
Chocolate improves the level of serotonin in our body, which is helpful in managing depression and stress and makes us feel good. Usually, after eating a bar of chocolate we feel calm and relaxed. So, don’t forget to have chocolates.
Yogurt has been proven as one of the best foods for mental health. It helps our brain to function properly and the presence of protein is helpful in producing a good level of norepinephrine and dopamine. These hormones are also known as success and happy hormones and they also keep you motivated.
The presence of probiotics is also helpful for our brain health and is helpful in improving our mood.
- Chia Seeds
If you frequently feel sad or frustrated then chia seeds are one of the best remedies for you. It contains amino acids which are really helpful in dealing with your anxiety. It also contains various nutrients like magnesium, calcium, fats like Omega-3, iron, etc. It is also good for your immune system. It protects you from any kind of mental disorder and keeps you physically as well mentally fit.
Chamomile is a flower and in research, it has been proved that it carries stress soothing properties. It is also helpful in various types of skin infections, in mouth sores, etc. You can include it in your tea or in the form of tablets or its liquid extract is also widely available.
Almonds contain magnesium and it is very well known for the treatment of anxiety and its various symptoms. It affects the level of neurotransmitter in our brain and stimulates happy hormones. Although almond is a rich source of Vitamin E, a good source of fiber, low saturated fat, and sodium-free. Still, the presence of magnesium makes it a perfect combination for dealing with anxiety.
Blueberries are a rich source of Vitamin C and this vitamin is helpful in the development of new cells. The rich number of antioxidants helps our brain to reduce anxiety. They are also known as immune boosters and are helpful in many ways. Blueberries are also helpful in treating post-traumatic stress disorders too. So, having blueberries is not a bad option.
Some Additional Tips to Reduce Anxiety
- Carbs are helpful in maintaining the chemical in brain naming serotonin and reduces your stress level.
- Eating anything in excess amount will make you suffer, so eat only how much required.
- Green tea, oats, citrus fruits are also helpful in this case.
- Eat a rich source of Omega-3 because it improves the functioning of the brain and helps you from various mood disorders.
- Include Zinc-rich food because it treats all kinds of anxiety symptoms.
- Drink a lot of water because sometimes due to improper supply of oxygen our brain starts working weirdly and we feel stressed for no reason, so always keep yourself hydrated.
Reasons behind your Anxiety
Sometimes we feel sad for no reason and sometimes there can be a reason behind. When you are sad because of a reason, you should figure out a solution for it, because in that case, only food will not be very effective. Anxiety is something that kills your inner peace and can also affect your health. As we know anxiety can cause various diseases like Thyroid, Diabetes, Stress, Depression, Fatigue, many health issues, etc.
Anxiety can be of different types and some of us can suffer from physical stress, mental stress, social stress, etc. Physical stress is something you feel just because of any injury or physical illness. It needs medication and some proper diet. Whereas social and mental stress can be fixed by some proper food as well as mental care.
Some Wrong Food Habits that Improve Anxiety
- Always say no to junk and street food, they contain only harmful fat and nothing else. The harmful fat in them stuck the supply of blood and other nutrients to various parts and this leads to heart failure. They also increase your stress so, say no to junk food.
- Alcohol, Smoking, all are injurious for health and the toxin within them hinders the functioning of the brain and increases stress and frustration within you.
- Packed fruit juice, sodas are not good in case of anxiety because they carry an excess amount of sugar which is not good for us.
- Caffeine and high sodium food should be strictly avoided during anxiety. They are responsible for a drastic change in mood and increase your anxiety.
Some Major Drawbacks of Anxiety and Bad Mood that You Must Avoid
- If not treated or taken proper care can cause severe depression.
- A stressed person is can feel irritated on small things and they get angry easily.
- There is a lack of motivation in their life and this also leads to depression.
- They constantly think and negative daydreaming ruins them.
- Either they sleep a lot or they cannot sleep at all and always complain of sleeplessness.
- Anxiety can also affect your memory and causes a lack of concentration. Lack of focus badly affects your work and this can keep you back in the race of appraisal.
- A stressed person can never make good decisions, due to which they have to suffer a lot.
- Anxiety also develops signs of aging.
Take a long breathe and figure out the proper solution for your problem and work on every phase, like physical, mental, etc. It is not just sufficient to eat good food; you also have to practice some physical activities and a few other things to change your mood. Sometimes a simple change in our daily routine can also change our mood. So, apart from these food habits always try something new and crazy, this will always keep you energetic and happy.